Healthwatch Essex is an independent voice for the people of Essex that seeks to understand the lived experiences of people who use health and social care services in the county and to make sure their voices are heard and responded to.
They also provide an information service to help people access, understand, and navigate the health and social care system.
What Healthwatch do:
- undertake innovative engagement and rigorous research activities to build up a detailed picture of people’s lived experiences
- improve access to information about health and social care services
- recruit and train a thriving network of volunteers (known as ‘Ambassadors’), who are the ‘eyes and ears’ of Healthwatch Essex, and help to liaise with organisations across the statutory and voluntary sectors
- work with community and voluntary groups to find out what’s important to the people of Essex.
Healthwatch covers the whole of Essex (excluding Southend and Thurrock) – a population of almost 1.5 million people with wide-ranging concerns and needs.
Volunteers play a vital role in helping people have their say on health and social care. Volunteering with Healthwatch can help you develop skills, gain experience and make a difference to your community.
From finding out what local people think to helping raise awareness there are plenty of ways to get involved:
- Cancer Patient Partner
- Information and Signposting Ambassador
- Representative for Healthwatch Essex
- Marketing and Promotions Ambassador