Home-Start Colchester an independent local charity committed to making a real difference to the lives of local children and families.
Home-Start Colchester is responsive to need, designing support to make a difference and help families remain independent and intervention to support children to achieve their full potential.
We offer two key services:
Recruiting and training local volunteer mentors.
Providing innovative projects to support both parents and children.
About the scheme
In 1993, local partners and professionals fought hard to create a Home-Start scheme in Colchester. In 1996 a successful Lottery bid enabled the scheme to begin to develop the Home-Start service, recruiting local volunteers to benefit local families. The scheme has continued to sustain a Home-Start service locally for over 22 years. We now deliver services in both Colchester and South Tendring.
What services do we offer?
- One-to-one support with parenting. This can be in your own home, at a group or at an organised drop-in session
- Behaviour support advice and strategies for children 0-19 years
- Information and advice
- Support with housing concerns
- Benefit advice
- Foodbank vouchers including collection and delivery of food where needed
- Grant application to help you with items you need but can not currently afford
- Group support for parents or children to build skills
- School readiness and play opportunities, help with education.
- Family events
- Children workshops for children 5 – 11 years
- Holiday fund
- Volunteer support
We can match you with a trained volunteer to provide weekly mentoring assistance in your own home to provide support at difficult and challenging times.
Mentoring for young people and parents.