Support 4 Sight has been supporting people with sight loss, their carers and families in the mid and west Essex area since 1994. Expert staff and trained volunteers provide services from our Resource Centres in Saffron Walden and Chelmsford and in the community. We’re here to help people come to terms with losing their sight and assist them to cope, long term, with the social, emotional and practical issues they face.
Our services include:
• Resource Centres – well equipped with daily living aids to help with independent living
• Café – offering a safe environment to enjoy coffee and cake in Saffron Walden
• Home visits to the housebound - offering support and assessment of their needs
• Social trips and coffee mornings – helping to combat social isolation and improve emotional wellbeing
• Exhibitions and events – taking our services and equipment into the community
• Hospital Information Desks – offering information, advice, guidance and signposting
• Employment support - helping visually impaired people into work and to retain their jobs
• Befriending calls - supporting the housebound and isolated
• Technology Training - helping visually impaired people to access today’s technology to improve their independence
• Visual awareness training – for individuals, volunteers and organisations, raising awareness of sight loss
• Talking Newspapers – enabling listeners to receive all the local news in audio format
• Fundraising events – having fun and raising money for our services.
Our volunteers are key to the ongoing functioning of our services. If you can help and would like to get involved with any of our services, please see our Volunteering Opportunities.