- Are passionate about children and young people's mental health
- Have accessed mental health services locally
- Would like to make a difference by sharing your views
- Are looking for an exciting volunteering opportunity
Then become a Young Mental Health Ambassador!
You could be involved in many different ways:
Share your experiences, views and opinions to help Commissioners develop the new service.
Create videos, online blogs and respond to other digital tasks.
Attend Young Mental Health ambassador meet ups
Be a champion of Healthwatch Essex, promoting its values and purpose to help people share their views.
What’s in it for you?
• A great opportunity to volunteer and contribute to something that could have a massive impact on mental health services for young people locally!
• A chance to meet other young people in your area with similar experiences
• An opportunity to meet the people who may make decisions about the care you receive and hold them to account for delivering that
• Invaluable experience for your CV and other applications (i.e. further education, University)
• Develop life skills through volunteering
• Our volunteer training package, with modules on engagement, the power of lived experience and co-production, as well as a range of other courses
• A dedicated member of Healthwatch Essex staff to support you every step of the way
• Invitations to attend other Healthwatch Essex events and opportunities to be involved in other projects in the future.
We are looking for children and young people up to the age of 23, or up to 25 if they have SEN, with an interest in mental health who currently live in Essex, Southend or Thurrock.
You will be someone who has accessed the Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health service within the last 3 years.
You should be willing to share your experiences and opinions but will also be capable of listening to, and valuing, the views and experiences of other young people. Using your lived experience, we need your input to help design the new service for children and young people in Essex.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/07/2019
End Date: 01/09/2021
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Healthwatch Essex
Chelmsford Talking Newspaper
Mind in West Essex
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)