Become a Young Commissioner and influence how money is spent on activities for young people in Uttlesford.
We are looking for Young People aged 13 – 19 or or up to 25 for those identifying as SEND, to bring fresh ideas to the project.
As a volunteer you will be giving your time freely, providing opportunities for you to:
• Make a difference for young people’s lives in Uttelsford
• Meet new people
• Use your existing skills in a meaningful way
• Gain transferable skills
• Build your confidence and more.
• Gain a qualification – Young Essex Volunteering Awards, Bronze, Silver or Gold
• Be rewarded with activity days
• Become a Young Commissioner and influence how money is spent on activities for young people
• Learn how to be an active member of interview panels
• This opportunity will be a positive contribution to your CV, college or university applications.
An interest in making a difference in the lives of young people in Uttelsford.
A positive energy, motivation and a can do and willing attitude.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/04/2021
End Date: 12/04/2022
Fortnightly meetings lasting up to 2 hours. Currently on Zoom, but with the aim to eventually meet. There will also be meetings with projects who are interested in being commissioned. If needed you can be supported with transport for meetings.
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Essex County Council Youth Service - Uttelsford
Hockley Woods parkrun
5th Saffron Walden Scout Group
Futures in Mind
St Lukes Hospice - Basildon