We are looking for volunteers to support job seekers who need help in using IT to access and use online job seeking resources.
The role will involve:
- helping people to navigate the jobseeker sites on computers,
- helping customers set up email accounts and log into job-search and CV builder websites
- providing basic technical support to jobseekers, mainly for Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- signposting job-seekers to other sources of help or advice.
This may be through one-to-one appointments, or in drop-in sessions offering quick help, or a mixture of the two.
One Colchester Shop, Culver Street East, Colchester (near Primark)
Tuesday - Session: 10:30am-12.30pm
Information technology skills, particularly using the internet
Good communication and people skills
Awareness of keeping safe online
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/04/2016
End Date: 11/04/2020
Every Tuesday 10:30 - 12:30
This opportunity is available in: Colchester
More Opportunities from Community360