You'll assist the Welcome Team at the Farleigh Hospice reception desk by welcoming guests, operating the car park barrier, directing and advising visitors, staff and patients, taking payments on the till, answering and directing telephone calls, assisting with administrative support where needed.
What you'll do
- Welcome visitors to the hospice, answering any queries and providing advice and information where appropriate
- Answer telephone calls and direct internally
- Operate the till for shop sales & take receipt of public donations
- Assist with administrative duties
- Maintain tidiness of the reception area
- After appropriate training, offer a listening ear and determine appropriate referral
- Offer patients and visitors refreshments throughout the day
- Offer flexibility and assist volunteers and staff from other departments in their duties.
- Computer literate with competency in Microsoft Office
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with people and situations sensitively and appropriately
- Ability to remain calm and polite at all times
- Awareness of own response to death, dying and bereavement and the ability to act appropriately in this regard
- Understanding and appropriate application of confidentiality.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 02/11/2018
End Date: 02/11/2020
Mondays from 4pm. Flexible shift cover Monday - Sunday.
This opportunity is available in: Chelmsford
More Opportunities from Farleigh Hospice
Epping Forest Community Transport
Age UK - Essex
Voluntary Action Epping Forest
Harlow Stroke Support Group
Rayleigh, Rochford and District Association for Voluntary Service (RRAVS)