Council is preparing to support businesses and residents to enable safe use of
the High Street in Maldon as COVID-19 lockdown restrictions are lifted.
We are all taking social distancing and safety very seriously, but we see this role as a fun way to engage with and support your local community.
Your role will include:
- Recording data relating to footfall, queues, and shop opening times.
- Welcoming visitors to the High Street and creating an inviting and friendly atmosphere
- Provide general information about queuing systems and crossing points
- Provide visitors with information about parking and access routes as well as sanitation points
- Litter Picking
- Wayfinding and providing directions to visitors as needed
It is essential that volunteers are fit and able to stand for long periods of time.
A willingness to work with peers, engage with the public, be friendly and smile!
You'll be able to improve your teamwork and communication skills, as well as building your confidence by speaking to members of the public.
An on-the-day briefing will take place before your shift begins at Promenade Park.
Volunteers will receive the necessary PPE and training prior to starting the role. Access to toilets will also be made available. Free parking will be available for all volunteers.
Any first aid which is required will be escalated to the Volunteer Coordinator who will make the appropriate judgement.
Over 18 years old.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
With prior agreement.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
Must be over 18 years old.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 04/06/2020
End Date: 04/06/2021
Shifts available from Monday to Sunday within the following hours: 8 am - 1 pm and 1 pm - 6 pm.
This opportunity is available in: Maldon
Futures in Mind
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)