In May 2019, this position is available at the following libraries:
What is the role about?
This role involves supporting small groups of learners with basic computer and internet skills. Many will be taking their first steps using a computer. You'll be responsible for building the learners' skills to give them the confidence to operate a computer, use the internet effectively and safely, and manage an email account.
What will it involve?
Using the courses and tools provided by the UK Online Centres at www.learnmyway.com you will:
• guide learners through the sign-up process for the course
• assist learners to choose the course modules that fit their existing skill level and individual goals.
• help learners set up their email accounts, where required.
• help learners progress through the selected modules.
• ensure that all required documentation is completed.
• make sure that learners are aware of further self-study modules and other
learning opportunities as appropriate.
What will you get from volunteering?
• the pleasure of using your IT skills to help others
• experience and skills to enhance your CV
• information technology skills, particularly using the internet
• good communication and people skills
• awareness of keeping safe online
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 31/08/2016
End Date: 05/11/2020
How much time would you be asked to contribute? A regular morning or afternoon, frequency to be discussed, but at least monthly. The volunteer hours required for the month of May 2019 is 4 hours.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Essex Libraries
Beckers Green School
NELFT Brighter Futures Healthy Families Service (0-19) teams Thurrock
Citizens Advice Epping Forest District
Maldon & District Community Voluntary Service