Are you passionate about volunteering with young people and helping girls to reach their potential? Do you want to learn new skills, make new friends and give something back to your community? Would you like to be part of the UK's leading charity for girls and young women?
Brentwood West needs you! We are looking for Volunteer Youth Leaders and Assistant Leaders to help at various groups for 5 to 25 year old girls.
You'll volunteer alongside a friendly committed team to:
- support girls to plan activities
- Run regular meetings with young girls
- Plan and co-ordinate trips and events
- Carry out a range of basic administrative tasks
Useful skills and experience for the role would be:
- An ability to work well with people of all ages
- Strong organisation skills
- Good written and verbal community skills
Our Leaders and Assistant Leaders must be female and aged over 18.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/09/2016
End Date: 29/11/2019
1-2 hours once a week
This opportunity is available in: Brentwood
More Opportunities from Girlguiding Brentwood West
Sunday Lunch Club
Uttlesford Community Travel