Role Summary: Volunteers are an essential part of the Stroke Association team and have an enormous impact on what they are able to achieve and the range of services and support they are able to provide. The Association are committed to providing the best volunteering experience that they can and as a Volunteering Support Officer you will be co-ordinating and supporting volunteers in a service, group or geographical area.
The Stroke Association is looking for an enthusiastic, proactive volunteer to help recruit and support volunteers in Essex.
• Helping to recruit volunteers and promote new opportunities.
• Dealing with volunteer enquiries and helping to process volunteer applications.
• Supporting volunteer inductions.
• Assisting with the delivery of training to volunteers.
• Providing ongoing support to volunteers by acting as a regular point of contact and by
organising regular support meetings.
The Association is looking for a true people person.
You must have great interpersonal skills, be self motivating and ideally have an understanding of volunteering and the voluntary sector.
Previous volunteer/management experience would be ideal but is not essential.
Mandatory Training (Volunteers MUST complete this training to perform the role)
· The Stroke Association Volunteer Induction (face to face – one full day).
· The GDPR Module (on STAR – approximately one hour).
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/07/2018
End Date: 25/01/2020
This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a flexible way. There will be no set pattern of hours as the VSO’s time requirements would be dependent on the needs of the area's volunteers and the Volunteering and Community Officer.
This opportunity is available Countywide.