• To assist the Volunteer Services Team with general admin, Social Media updates and online research, promotion and outreach work.
• On occasion to accompany the team on outreach projects to promote volunteering.
Main responsibilities include:
• Assisting with volunteer recruitment i.e. sending for references, putting together interview packs, updating the database and any other admin based tasks that the team may need help with.
• Scheduling weekly posts for Facebook and Twitter, writing catchy headlines and thinking of creative ways to promote volunteering, using the guidelines provided
• Handling confidential information. Being aware of information that is considered confidential and using the provided guidelines to make sure
The location for this role is Havens Hospices Volunteer Services Team , Little Havens Hospice, Thundersley SS7 2LH
• Be experienced in the use of and having a good command of Social Media, particularly Twitter and Facebook
• Good administration skills â€“ use of a database is an advantage
• The willingness to learn new processes
• Attention to detail
• A polite and professional manner
• Be creative and methodical!
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
If appropriate to the role
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
Out of pocket travel expenses
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
Depending on locations of outreach projects
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/04/2018
End Date: 18/04/2019
The shift would be for 3 hours and currently, we have space on Monday afternoons 1.30 â€“ 4.30 or Tuesday mornings 9.30 â€“ 12.30
This opportunity is available in: Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Castle Point, Rayleigh and Rochford
More Opportunities from Havens Hospices
Maldon & District Community Voluntary Service
Age UK - Essex
Families Infocus Essex
Huw Johnson Club
City of Chelmsford Mencap