All volunteers must be sympathetic to, and be able to project the philosophy, vision and values of St Helena Hospice.
To participate as an active member of the reception team, providing telephonist and reception services to St Helena Hospice.
- Receive telephone calls through the main switchboard, transfer as required or take messages to be relayed either by email, written message or by hand delivery
- Oversee the deliveries and collection of the couriers
- Frank the sites' post each day and label parcels with the appropriate documentation for the requested postal service, as and when necessary
- Accept cash for purchase of goods and record on appropriate paperwork
- Accept cash donations at reception and validate in the presence of the donator. Ensure that the details of the donor are taken and passed to the fundraising team
- Ensure visitors have signed in and used hand gel
- Receive, direct and escort patients and families round to appointment/ward
- Monitor visitors waiting
On the job training will be provided in addition to Manual Handling and Health and Safety training
Experience of working on reception desirable but not essential as training will be given. Ability to email internally and general use of computer systems.
Welcoming and friendly outlook. Willingness to support patients, visitors, families and team members. Flexible and available at short notice.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/11/2018
End Date: 12/11/2019
This opportunity has no specific location.
More Opportunities from St Helena
Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
Leah Manning Centre
Talking Newspapers for the Blind - Rayleigh, Rochford & Castle Point