We are currently seeking to add to the club’s Physio / Sports therapists looking after the senior men’s and women’s teams for the 2020-2021 season. Working under the club’s new Physiotherapy consultant, the ideal candidates will be self-motivated and committed to furthering their careers and gaining valuable experience as well as providing first class physio / Sports therapy assistance to their squad. The role will require attendance at mid-week training sessions / matches as well as the weekend games.
As a club our aim is to help people to progress via a combination of mentoring, practical training and experience and, where appropriate external courses and certification.
• Completed, or be undertaking, any of the following BSc Sports Therapy degree, BSc Physiotherapy or MSc Sports Rehabilitation
• Be registered with the Society of Sports Therapists.
• First Aid Qualification.
• Good Communicator, Organised, Approachable and Professional. A team player
· Previous experience of working within a football environment.
· FA ITMMiF (Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football)
· Undertaken Sports Trauma Management training.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
Only for volunteering with any under 18 teams.
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Both practical and courses where appropriate.
- Volunteer induction
mentoriship and guidance provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/08/2020
End Date: 30/12/2021
There are various roles requiring attendance at a mid week training session and or a Saturday / Sunday match day.
This opportunity is available in: Basildon, Billericay & Wickford
Ring20 Research and Support UK CIO
Mind in West Essex
Peer Mentor Volunteer, to give one to one support to a person going through their own journey of recovery