- Initially twice a week for 2 hours to undertake tiding the Occupational Therapy garden at the back of the Mental Health Unit. This will be undertaken independently with Occupational Health staff monitoring.
- Improving , trimming, weeding the flower beds
- Preparation of the vegetable boxes
- Tidying and sorting the mini greenhouse
- Painting of the fence
- Providing lists of seeds to plant
The tasks may also involve the painting and planting of post outside the Mental Health Unit.
The location for this role is:
Basildon Mental Health Unit
(Within grounds of Basildon Hospital)
Physically able to complete basic gardening tasks i.e, bending, lifting light weights, carrying, raking etc.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/01/2018
End Date: 31/12/2019
This opportunity is available in: Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Castle Point, Rayleigh and Rochford
More Opportunities from EPUT
Colchester in Bloom
City of Chelmsford Mencap
Lee Valley Regional Park Authority
Essex Wildlife Trust - Walton on the Naze
Colchester Archaeological Trust