We are looking for volunteers for Vaccination Centre's in West Essex
• Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare
professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
• Verify citizens’ booking confirmation and paperwork and allocate an individual vaccination number and pod using a barcode scanner or other technology devices provided
. • Ensure that the allocation maintains an efficient flow to the individual Pods and that vaccinators are fully utilised.
• Conduct the initial health check, ensuring that citizens do not show COVID-19 symptoms (such as high temperature).
• Check if the citizens have received any flu and COVID-19 vaccination in the last 28 days (or other relevant period as per vaccination guidelines).
• Be aware of any complex scenarios (different vaccine allocation, risk of adverse reaction guidance) and escalate any clinical questions or concerns to the right representative.
• May need to provide citizens with relevant information materials (e.g. leaflets) and offer brief explanation of the steps pre, during and post vaccination that the citizens need to be aware of.
• Manage arrival exceptions together with the steward and support citizens that are turned away, without disrupting the overall throughput of the activities.
• Maintain accurate records and ensure strict data and patient record confidentiality.
• Maintain an efficient and accurate centralised filing system both paper and electronic, which ensures easy access to files and information as and when required.
• Collect, collate and report routine data and information.
• Order supplies, equipment and leaflets as required, liaising with administrative staff.
• Good basic education.
• Customer service training (Desirable).
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Online and Onsite training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 08/12/2020
End Date: 30/09/2021
There will be 4 hour shifts. The shifts are 8-12, 10-12, 12-4pm, 2-6pm
This opportunity is available in: Epping, Harlow, Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Communities 1st
St Lukes Hospice - Basildon
Basildon, Billericay & Wickford Council For Voluntary Service - BBWCVS
Peer Support Volunteer, to lead a group to take part in a social activity where the focus does or does not have to be mental health.