· To liaise with Futures in Mind staff regarding the daily/weekly driving requirements.
· To assist in keeping accurate records of attendance and significant interactions with service users.
· To ensure vehicle maintenance checks are completed prior to travel; and report any faults, defects or concerns to the Team Manager.
· Adhere to all Phoenix Futures policies and procedures for volunteers.
· To treat Futures in Mind staff and service users fairly and respect confidentiality.
· Be willing to drive the service fleet vehicles, and support the wider Phoenix Futures services across Essex localities with any driving requirements.
· To accurately record all journeys made in Futures in Mind vehicles.
· To accurately record any information required for administration purposes.
· To liaise with relevant other agencies where appropriate.
· Ensure the Community Code of Conduct is known and adhered to.
· Be an ambassador for Futures in Mind in your community.
· To attend team meetings, training and supervision as required.
· To be a qualified driver with a current driving licence. · Be willing to undertake training, and continue your own professional development · Be in recovery from substance misuse, and/or stable with your own mental ill health · Awareness of confidentially, disclosure and professional boundaries · Good people skills. · A friendly and approachable manner. · Non-judgemental and inclusive attitude to all people involved with Futures in Mind. · Basic administration and money handling skills. · Willing to have enhanced DBS check for working with vulnerable adults.
Role Benefits · Increased personal confidence and self-esteem. · To be part of an exciting and innovative service. · Volunteering is a useful addition to your CV or application for further education opportunities. · Helping to have a sense of purpose and regular routine. · Receive regular supervision for support and guidance. · Potential to receive further training to enhance your skills and own personal development. · Personal satisfaction from helping others in their journey of recovery. · Giving something back to the community that has supported you. · Develop new skills, and enhance existing attributes. · Make new friends and feel a part of your community.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
We will do this for you
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/09/2020
End Date: 01/09/2021
we can work with you -
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Futures in Mind
Wyvern Community Transport
British Red Cross
Chelmsford Community Transport Ltd
Stroke Club - Mid Essex