Lads Need Dads is an award winning Not-For-Profit organisation that works across Tendring and Colchester providing long term male group mentoring for boys age 11-15 with absent fathers. We provide a personal development groupwork programme with outdoor activities, teach practical life-skills and provide boys and mentors with practical community volunteering opportunities.
Purpose of the role
• To provide administrative support to the employees of Lads Need Dads and the Board of Directors as required.
• To support the efficient administration of the Lads Need Dads Elmstead based office.
• General office duties including word-processing, photocopying, filing, and mailing.
• To undertake administrative duties in relation to the recruitment, training and
general support of volunteers where required.
• To help maintain the volunteer database, including data input and analysis.
• To help maintain stationery supplies and office sundries.
• To support the organisation with volunteering/family/public events.
• To support the administration of DBS checks for volunteers and staff.
• Communicating by telephone with a wide range of people.
• Assisting the Managing Director, Programme Coordinator and other team members in maintaining efficient, accurate and confidential records.
• Disseminating the quarterly newsletter to our supporters.
The role requires at least 5 hours office support per week. There will be the possibility of extending those hours to 10 should the post holder wish and should there be the requirement. The Lads Need Dads Volunteer Administrator will be expected to work within the ethos of Lads Need Dads and have high standards of practice. The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible and flexible approach to the work.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or post to Lads Need Dads Little Green Offices, Colchester Road, Elmstead Market, CO7 7EE. Once received an application pack will be sent out to you.
• Good communicator (verbal and written)
• Good interpersonal skills and good telephone manner
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications
• Able and willing to work as part of a team and also be able to work independently
• Friendly and approachable
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/09/2020
End Date: 31/07/2021
Weekly The role requires at least 5 hours office support per week. There will be the possibility of extending those hours to 10 should the post holder wish and should there be the requirement. The Lads Need Dads Volunteer Administrator will be expected to work within the ethos of Lads Need Dads and have high standards of practice. The need to respect confidentiality is paramount, as is a responsible and flexible approach to the work.
This opportunity is available in: Tendring
More Opportunities from Lads Need Dads CiC
Tile Kiln Residents Association
Essex County Scouts