are looking for volunteers to help us welcome visitors back to our brand-new
visitor centre at Langdon! At Essex Wildlife Trust our mission is to connect
local people and families with the wildlife on their doorstep and protect
habitats for future generations to enjoy.
There will be a wide variety of roles available in our centre, ranging from talking to visitors about wildlife and the work of the Trust, keeping the admission desk and the gift shop running smoothly, or helping with our exciting new events programme. Full training is provided, and we can tailor your time with us to suit your interests, expertise and time commitment.
In return, we offer the opportunity to become part of a thriving community of committed volunteers and an integral part of the organisation. You will develop new skills and connect with other wildlife enthusiasts in your area. As well as making an invaluable contribution to a worthy cause, we provide logo-branded uniform, two free nature courses per year, 20% discount in our centres and shops, and special volunteer thank you events.
- Enthusiastic and happy to help
- An interest in wildlife is ideal (please note that no special knowledge is required!)
- Experience in a customer-facing environment would be helpful but is by no means essential
- We would also be particularly interested in anyone with administration, tour guide, retail, barista or local history expertise for specific volunteer roles
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/06/2021
End Date: 01/06/2022
One half day or full day shift per week.
Essex Wildlife Trust Langdon Visitor Centre
Lower Dunton Road
More Opportunities from Essex Wildlife Trust
Essex County Council Youth Service - Chelmsford
The Reading Rooms
Parkinson's Support Group - Bishop's Stortford
Colchester District Neighbourhood Watch (CDNHW)
Epping Forest ReUse