Checking tickets: stewards posted at each entrance to the auditorium, checking tickets are for the correct event on the correct day and time.
Helping customers locate seats.
Checking that no food or drink are brought into auditorium.
Regulating audience behaviour - no standing on the balcony, no flash photography, recording etc.
Assisting wheelchair users.
For the majority of events, we will need volunteers to be in attendance from 1800 until approximately 2200.
There will be occasions when we need volunteers in the daytime.
* An ability to communicate with the general public
* A wish to help
* Respect for performers
* An appreciation of live arts.
* The work requires some physical stamina
* Have access to live arts events.
* Engagement with the public at a social and cultural event.
* Work as part of a team with a common goal.
* Experience of working at a venue.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
None - reward is in the form of tickets to future events.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
There will be a Duty Manager on hand.
- Suitable for under 18s
Volunteers must be over 16.
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
How to direct the audience, evacuation procedures.
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 11/02/2019
End Date: 11/02/2020
There may be occasions when volunteers are needed during the daytime.
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
Baby Stuff Braintree
Hope for Tomorrow
DIAL South Essex
Futures in Mind