Accuro provides a range of services for children, young people and adults with a disability,
& their family. The recruitment of volunteers is seen as an essential & vital component in
the delivery of most of these services.
Accuro’s Under 19’s Scheme operates in Great Dunmow and provides a fun, safe and stimulating environment for young people between the age of 11 and 19 who have a range of disabilities. The club currently run from 6.15pm. – 8.15pm on Wednesdays during term time.
The role of volunteers is to assist in increasing & maintaining the opportunities for young people with a disability to access social & leisure activities that would otherwise be unavailable to them. Volunteers may be asked to assist & support young people with a variety of small group activities or outings whilst at the Under 19’s Club.
Friendly and approachable manner and enjoy being part of a team. Training given, to include Safeguarding Training.
Hopes & Expectations:
• Hours to be by mutual agreement between volunteers and Scheme Co-ordinator.
• Supporting young people to participate in leisure activities and outings as requested by
the Scheme Co-ordinator
• Using initiative to assist in a situation where another member of staff or volunteer may
• Becoming a member of a committed team.
• Expressing ideas for new/novel activities and outings
• Attending volunteer meetings & training sessions relevant to the post.
• Awareness of appropriate language & behaviour within the group.
• To follow the guidelines and policies of Accuro
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 30/01/2019
End Date: 30/01/2022
Dunmow Youth Centre,
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Accuro(Care Services)
The Open Road - Castle Point
Braintree District Museum Trust
Citizens Advice Bureau - Chelmsford