Would you like to bring your wider knowledge and expertise to make a difference to a small charity to support their development?
The Treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements, and report to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the Organisation. The Treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place and are appropriate for the charity.
Principal Responsibilities include:
* Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts, financial statements and financial reports to the Board of
Trustees after discussion with the Director and Finance Manager.
* Being assured that the financial resources of the Organisation meet its present and future needs and are within the
* Being instrumental in the development and implementation of appropriate financial reserves policy and investment policies.
Main Duties include:
* Liaising with the Director and Finance Manager about financial matters.
* Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
* Advising on the financial implications of the Organisation's strategic plans.
* Liaising with the Charity's auditors where appropriate.
* Liaising with the company secretary and Finance Manager to ensure that the charity's annual accounts are
compliant with the current charity's SORP.
* Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured
* Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
* Contributing to the charity's income generation strategy.
* Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the AGM and drawing attention to important points in a coherent
and easily understandable way.
* Sitting in on appraisals, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
The Dove Crisis Centre offers a women only venue providing a comfortable and friendly place for those experiencing or at risk of domestic abuse. In addition, we offer support to those in crisis, a legal surgery, advice and drop in and a telephone helpline. Our Child and family contact centre known as Fledglings provides a safe environment in which families can work together resolving contact issues and through support, to enable children, parents and family relationships to become stronger.
We are an independently registered charity and are Incorporated
Currently this role is only available to Women.
Previous experience as a Finance Manager or Management Accountant.
Knowledge of SAGE or relevant qualifications desired.
- Suitable for under 18s
Age 21 +
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 17/09/2015
End Date: 01/04/2018
Flexible role allowing for a Volunteer who is currently employed full time.
This opportunity is available in: Southend
Cariads Volunteer to support a service that provides information, advice and support to all carers in Thurrock.
Essex County Scouts