Maldon & District Citizens Advice Trustee Board currently has 8 Board Members, including the Chair.
The Board is looking to recruit new trustees in order to bring new and diverse skills from various backgrounds to enhance the skills and experience of the current Board.
The Board will be particularly interested in applicants with a backgound in HR and in those living or working locally.
Role of the Trustee:
Trustees are volunteers who are responsible for governing the charity and directing how it is managed and run, in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and best practice.
Trustees are expected to act in the charity's best interests, manage resources responsibly and act with reasonable care and skill.
- An overview of business and finance with the ability to understand budgets and review accounts.
- To understand the purpose and direction of the charity, the strategic vision, resources and succession planning and how the charity supports the beneficiaries.
- To be supportive and form good working relationships with other trustees, the manager, staff and other volunteers.
- A career background in HR would beneficial.
Time commitment and responsibilities:
The Trustee Board meets quarterly and a typical evening meeting lasts approximately 1.5 hours. Trustees attend the AGM, promote the bureau and network with key stakeholders whenever possible. Some Trustees take on additional roles and are members of a sub-committee..
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 19/11/2020
End Date: 19/11/2021
Minimum quarterly meetings plus other ad hoc times throughout the year see the "Skills" section for further information.
This opportunity is available in: Maldon
Uttlesford Buffy Bus Association
British Red Cross