Maldon Air Cadet's existing Treasurer is standing down and they are looking for a new Treasurer.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Managing cadet subscriptions
- Reconciling the bank account
- Producing monthly and annual financial reports
- Auditing petty cash
- Being a dual signatory on the bank account
- Processing expenses submitted by Squadron staff
- Helping to process grant applications
- Processing gift aid applications
There is an expectation to attend 4-6 weekly Committee meeting and quarterly Wing Committee meetings.
member of the Committee the Treasurer would also be expected to support fundraising activities
- Understanding of accounts
- Good math skills
- Able to use Excel spreadsheets
- Enthusiam and a sense of humour
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
Access to Wing Treasurer
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Existing treasurer will do full handover and Wing treasurer is on hand to train/support
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/10/2019
End Date: 18/10/2020
Treasurer would be expected to attend Committee meetings once every 4 - 6 weeks and a Wing Committee meetings once a quarter. It would be then up to the Treasurer to work in their own time to complete tasks set.
This opportunity has no specific location.
Essex County Scouts
Essex Wildlife Trust - Thurrock Thameside Nature Park
4th Rochford Scout Group
Colchester Rough Sleepers Group