Do you have the skills and background to become our next Treasurer?
As a trustee of Uttlesford Citizens Advice you could use your experience, together with your knowledge of the local area, to make a positive impact by ensuring our charity is sustainable and continues to meet the needs of the community.
Evening meetings are usually held in Saffron Walden, 8 times a year. To find out more about the requirements of the role visit: http://www.uttlesfordcab.org.uk/news/item/trustee-vacancy1
To undertake the specific role of Treasurer, you will need to demonstrate the following personal skills and qualities:
- Financial qualifications or experience
- Some experience or knowledge of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board
- Willingness to be available to staff to provide advice and guidance on financial matters.
You must also:
- demonstrate awareness of some of the issues that affect our local area
- understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities as trustees
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good listening, verbal and written communication skills
- be able to exercise good independent judgment
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/10/2021
End Date: 06/10/2022
8 evening meetings of the full trustee board each year, usually held in Saffron Walden, plus an all-day strategy meeting and daytime AGM. Further meetings of sub committees as required.
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Uttlesford Citizens Advice
Home Start Essex
The Country Trust
Colchester Borough Homes