Could you bring your financial and analytical skills to help Citizens Advice Colchester? Our team of 50 skilled volunteers give free, confidential, impartial advice to over 12,000 Colchester residents each year. We are looking for a treasurer to join our board of trustees to provide financial oversight of the charity.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can:
- Develop operational and project budgets and financial plans
- Monitor profit & loss & balance sheet and inform trustees on trends and variances to budget
- Develop / refine reserves policy
- Provide financial input and challenge into funding bids
- Prepare quarterly management reporting
- Liaise with our external auditor to prepare and finalise annual accounts.
That’s a long list, but in return we can offer the opportunity to be involved with well-established Colchester charities who are involved in an exciting programme of innovation to meet the changing advice needs of our local community.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
Can be provided if required
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and safety support
When: 10/10/2017 - 10/10/2018
Trustee meetings are usually from 5-7PM at our Colchester Offices. Other work between these meetings can be done at a time to suit the candidate.
This opportunity is based at CO3 3HH.
More Opportunities from Citizens Advice Colchester
Citizens Advice Colchester
Computers For The Disabled
Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Brentwood, Castle Point, Rayleigh and Rochford, Southend, Thurrock
Citizens Advice Castle Point
Shaw Trust formerly Ixion
Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, Maldon, Rayleigh and Rochford, Southend, Thurrock
Southend on Sea Carnival Association