Time to Change Champions are ordinary people based across the country who organise and deliver local anti-stigma and discrimination events, activities and campaigning on their own time.
This is an opportunity for anyone with personal lived experience of mental health to challenge the stigma and discrimination faced by people living with a mental health problem.
Champions may sit on Hub Steering Groups, run Social contact events and perform other roles where their personal experience is vital.
- Having conversations about mental health with the people around you – whether that’s your mum, a mate or the postman – and talking about your experience.
- Running a Time to Change activity in a café, train station or in your workplace.
- Telling your story online or in the media.
- Speaking up when people say stereotypical or damaging things about mental health
Being a Time to Change Champion is a flexible commitment where you can work in whatever way you feel most comfortable to tackle stigma and discrimination.
The Time to Change Hubs in Essex will be working across the county and there will be plenty of opportunities to support your local hub and shape the direction of our work.
All Time to Change Champions must have personal lived experience of a mental health problem.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- representing the views of people with experience of mental health problems on the Steering Group and during activity planning
- helping to identify and organise localised anti-stigma and discrimination activity. In particular social contact events, social media and media work/campaigns
- being an ambassador for Time to Change and the local Hub partnership
This will be vary depending on the event location
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Some expenses will be reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
Social Contact, Challenging Stigma and Discrimination, Influencing Hubs and the Time to Change Employer Pledge
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/05/2019
End Date: 13/05/2020
Flexible. Volunteers can give as much or as little time as they wish.
This opportunity is available in: Basildon Billericay and Wickford, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping, Harlow, Maldon, Rayleigh and Rochford, Tendring, Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Mid and North East Essex Mind
Haven House Childrens Hospice
Cancer Research Retail - Rayleigh
Dengie Project Trust
The Garden Room