Time Bank Uttlesford is a community initiative that rewards volunteers with time credits for the hours they spend helping someone else.
One hour spent volunteering is equal to one time credit.
Members can spend their time credits on help or support they need or donate them to others.
Examples of thing to help with:
• Someone to chat to: play scrabble with
• General help in the home - shopping, housework, plant watering.
• DIY and simple home repairs, decorating, fixing.
• Gardening - weeding, grass cutting, pruning, tidying, hedge trimming.
• Pets - dog walking, cat grooming.
• Computer and Internet - skype, emails, google, social media.
It is free to join and open to anyone over 18, regardless of ability, skills or situation.
No specific skills needed
- DBS check required
Depends on what role is needed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/10/2017
End Date: 01/01/2020
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
More Opportunities from Volunteer Uttlesford
Dunmow Day Centre
The Conservation Volunteers
The Salvation Army, Hadleigh Farm Estate
Action on Hearing Loss