Carnival is returning to Tilbury. Would you like to be involved in making it a success? We have lots of different roles available for everyone regardless of ability.
As a volunteer you will be an essential part of our events team on Carnival Day. You could be required to support the event team in organising participants and managing crowds, to walk with and support the parade ensuring participant safety and collecting rubbish after the parade has passed or manage activities, spaces and audience members.
Let us know what you can do so we can place you accordingly.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Engaging with members of the public
- Guiding participants to their correct location & providing information
- Helping families with fun activities
- Helping set up and clear away
- Marshalling the parade and at the site
- Adhering to health, safety and safeguarding policies
Skills and experience
- Interacting with members of the public
- Ability to work as part of a team
No previous experience necessary but please let us know if you have any!
Some parts of the parade may be difficult for those who can not walk a long distance. However if highlighted they can volunteer at the start or end of the carnival procession/ be based at the cruise terminal which is fully accessible
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/05/2019
End Date: 11/07/2019
Volunteers are required for AM and PM duties between 9:00 and 16:30 on the 20th July 2019. If you are available and want to volunteer the entire Carnival then we would be happy to have you also. Refreshments will be provided.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from ngage Volunteer Centre Thurrock
Thurrock Contact The Elderly
Mencap Bishops Stortford
Rayleigh, Rochford and District Association for Voluntary Service (RRAVS)