Tasks and responsibilities
• To support beginners in basic IT skills such as word processing, internet and email
using library computers following training notes issued by the Library Services
• To assess the ability of trainees and to be flexible and positively responsive to
their differing IT needs.
• Ensure correct documentation is provided for each session.
• Explain the content and method of approach of each session to attendees.
• Ensure evaluation sheets are handed out during the latter half of each session.
• Collect certificates from library staff and give them to the group ensuring names
are correctly spelt.
• Collect evaluation sheets and give to the Library Services Officer: E-Learning.
• To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and
welfare of you as the individual as well as trainees and to comply with policies and
procedures relating to health and safety within the Council.
• To support and contribute to other library IT sessions as determined by the Library
Services Officer: E-Learning.
Skills and experience
• Basic computer skills required such as word processing, internet searching and
• To be responsive to trainee’s different requirements within the sessions.
• A positive manner when engaging with trainees.
• Must be happy to engage with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• To communicate basic IT concepts clearly and effectively
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Minimum of 2 hours a week with the possibility of extra hours/sessions when required.
This opportunity is available in: Thurrock
More Opportunities from Thurrock Council
The Silver Line Helpline
Heart of Pitsea
RSPB Rainham Marshes nature reserve