Carers First is a UK registered charity working with unpaid carers to provide practical information and advice. We understand the challenges unpaid carers face and offer services designed to make it easier for them to continue living their lives to the fullest.
Telephone befrienders duties are :
- To attend initial induction.
- To make a regular call to a carer
- To provide undivided attention, a listening ear
- To offer emotional support making the client feel valued.
- To alleviate social isolation and loneliness
- To promote positive mental health
- To feedback details of the call to the Volunteer team and to raise any issues
- Good communication skills
- Ability to strike up a conversation and develop relationships.
- Friendly manner
What we ask you to do:
- Engage as a member of the team.
- You will be committed to Carers FIRST Equality and Diversity policy.
- You must have access to a telephone
- You must have an empathy for carers and an understanding of the issues that
many carers face.
What we will do:
- We will provide you with an induction and training.
- You will be allocated a Supervisor and invited to attend regular catch ups
- You will be invited to attend regular drop-in sessions with other volunteers.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 13/04/2021
End Date: 30/12/2022
Location: Home-based Hours: 1-2 hours per week, flexible
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Mind in West Essex
Epping Forest District Council
St Lukes Hospice - Basildon
Maldon and Dengie Stroke and Carers Support Group
Hearing Help Essex