Parkinson's Support group in Bishop's Stortford are looking for volunteers to help at the group.
Local groups across the UK are run by volunteers and offer friendship and support to people living with Parkinson's and their families and friends. The friendly faces and warm welcome provided by support group helpers means attendees get the most from the group, with the activities on offer running smoothly.
What you will be doing
- Welcome new people when they come along to activities for the first time
- Promote the group and Parkinson's UK in your community
- Help setting up and clearing up after group meetings - supporting other volunteers during busy periods
- Assist at events, which may include serving refreshments, handling registrations and raffles
- Contribute ideas for fundraising, activities and potential speakers
- Strong administrative, organisational, communication and IT skills to ensure the smooth running of the group.
- Collaborative and team focused, as you will need to gather and distribute information to everyone involved
- A positive outlook to make things happen in our local community
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 25/03/2021
End Date: 25/03/2022
Fortnightly on a Thursday From 13:30 until 14:30
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Parkinson's Support Group - Bishop's Stortford
St Clare Hospice
SGOSS - Governors for Schools
Essex Restorative Justice
Colchester Borough Homes