With the support of our SSG Champions we aim to reduce car journeys in Essex, particularly on the work commute, and to positively impact upon people’s physical and mental health. By building a network of Champions who can spread the word about sustainable travel and encourage colleagues/friends to try out new travel modes we will help to change perceptions and build confidence, with positive effects on mental health and obesity.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
· Use #stopswapgo to tweet and retweet opportunities you see promoted to get people involved, try something new or get more active
· Promote the SSG website
· Send pictures and/or videos of yourself walking/cycling to the SSG Team for use on social media and the SSG website (a consent form will need to be completed)
· Share your pictures, stories and quotes when you take part in an activity, when you have completed a personal goal or challenge, or done something that can inspire others
· Use and promote existing walk/cycleways, temporary infrastructure measures introduced in response to Covid-19, and new or permanent infrastructure, such as those part of the Chelmsford City Growth Package (CCGP)
· Talk to your colleagues, friends and family about SSG and promote the different campaign opportunities as and when they are released, e.g. 60 Day Challenge
· Be willing to support members of the public with information or route guidance, if required
An SSG Champion is an enthusiastic individual who advocates sustainable travel, such as walking, cycling and bus use; and would like the opportunity to promote and encourage this to friends, colleagues and the wider public.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 26/10/2020
End Date: 27/10/2021
There is no set time commitment to become a Champion – just dedicate what time you have available and what you’re comfortable with!
This opportunity is available in: Basildon, Billericay & Wickford, Braintree, Brentwood, Castle Point, Chelmsford, Colchester, Epping, Harlow, Maldon, Rayleigh and Rochford, Southend, Tendring, Thurrock, Uttlesford
Parkinson's Support Group - Bishop's Stortford
Barnardos Store - Saffron Walden
St Andrew's Healthcare
The Open Road - Castle Point
4th Rochford Scout Group