The Somewhere to Turn Service is the first point of contact for those seeking information on local mental health services and support. The service offers callers a 20 minute consultation session, either via telephone or email - the service may later be developed to re-introduce ‘face to face’ support also.
These consultations generally result in signposting the enquirer to either internal services at South East and Central Essex Mind (such as our counselling service) or to external local organisations, that may better suit their needs.
Every service user is offered a follow- up call/email, by a member of the S2T team. This ‘follow- up’ ensures that the information that was provided, met the needs of the service user, and if not, provides an opportunity for further assistance.
Volunteers will be based at home
initially and will need to have access to a Laptop/PC or smartphone and access
to the internet.
- Be able to demonstrate a non-judgemental attitude
- Have excellent communication skills- Both written and verbal
- Be confident working independently using own initiative
- Have an understanding and appreciation of equality and diversity
- Be able to present in a professional and confident manner, when interacting with service users, and representing the organisation
- Have relevant and suitable experience
- Be competent using Microsoft Office and Email, as well as be able to confidently use our own internal database - for which training will be provided
- Be able to demonstrate a calm and professional manner in challenging situations
- Be confident liaising with other service providers
- Adhere to confidentiality, & work within the GDPR guidelines
Volunteers will be based at home initially and will need to have access to a Laptop/PC or smartphone and access to the internet.
Disability Access 1 0 The office is wheelchair accessible
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Expenses reimbursed 1 0 Travel expenses if applicable
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/09/2021
End Date: 26/09/2022
We ask that our volunteers commit to the same day/s & shifts each week: The service will run from Monday – Friday 10am – 6:00pm, with the shifts on offer being either- 10:00am-2:00pm, or 2:00pm- 6:00pm
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
Rethink Mental Health Essex All Age Advocacy Service
Age UK - Essex
Sea-Change Sailing Trust