We are twinned with a town in France, Dourdan, which is roughly the same size as Dunmow & located about 45 miles South West of Paris.
Every second year we pay a visit to Dourdan and stay with host families who provide us with a bed & meals, all we pay for is our coach & cross channel ferry fare. Their twinning association organises a trip to a famous place in France with a meal & a social evening during our weekend stay. The people of Dourdan then visit us on alternate years staying with us on a similar basis. Next year it will be the weekend of May 21-24 2020 when we visit them.
To make this possible we raise funds during the year by organising events such as Fish Suppers, Dances, BBQ's and other social events.
- have Word & Excel skills & use of a printer.
- attend 6-7 evening committee meetings.
- take minutes & forward draft to the Chairman for approval before circulation to committee.
- prepare & circulate, by email, flyers/invitations to members re forthcoming events.
- collate replies, prepare spreadsheet lists for Chairman & forward with cheques to the Treasurer, chase members for replies.
- in preparation for the visit to Dourdan in May, notifications must be sent to members, firstly to find out interest of those wishing to go & expected costs etc. Then collect names & forward to Dourdan Chairman to match up with hosts, the majority of members already have regular families. Send out an itinerary for the weekend, collect coach costs, find out where members wish to board the coach, etc.
- In the autumn Dourdan members will visit England for the weekend, normally near the South Coast & similar details need to be sourced as above.
- On alternate years when Dourdan visit us in May, then we need to match hosts with French members, organise trips, Saturday evening dinner, etc.
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
Up to £40 (paper/ink)
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
Help would be given
- Volunteer policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/01/2020
End Date: 31/12/2020
Occasional flexible times
This opportunity is available in: Braintree, Uttlesford
Hatfield Broad Oak Under 5s Pre-School Committee
Parish of Rayleigh
Gibson Library (Saffron Walden Town Library )