Our weekly Sight Centre provides information and advice about sight loss and includes a lively coffee afternoon for the visually impaired and their carers.
• Engaging with clients to assess their requirements and providing information eg literature, details of relevant organisations, activities etc and signposting where applicable.
• Recording details (with permission) for monitoring purposes.
• Demonstrating visual aids equipment (training will be provided).
• Ensuring client confidentiality at all times. Know that some queries may be of a sensitive nature and require privacy.
• Making tea/coffee.
• Setting up and putting away equipment.
No experience is necessary, but you need to be friendly and able to engage with people.
All prospective volunteers will be required to provide two references which will be followed up and undertake a DBS Disclosure Application.
Volunteers will be required to respect the need for confidentiality at all times in line with our Confidentiality Policy and Data Protection Policy.
Essex Sight promotes an Equal Opportunities Policy.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 16/03/2017
End Date: 30/09/2019
Open every Friday 10am to 2pm
This opportunity is available in: Chelmsford
More Opportunities from Essex Sight (part of Essex Blind Charity)
Buckhurst Hill Parish Council
The Children's Society - CHHAT Team Essex
Coalhouse Fort Project
Citizens Advice Epping Forest District