Shed Inside is focused on those ‘Shedders’ who are unable to attend a Men’s Shed for health, mobility or preference reasons, but still want the social interaction and skills sharing aspect of a shed. Shed Inside offers this same welcoming environment but with smaller practical projects and engaging games in community spaces.
Could you lead a friendly and welcoming Shed Inside Session and help our Shedders engage in practical and social activities at Rainbow Services, Harlow? If yes then could you:
· Help set up the afternoons activities, this could be small engineering kits, bird box and bug hotel flat packs, art and craft equipment, games, cards and puzzles. Bringing out tools and raw materials and then clear away at the end.
· Help to engage and support the shedders to take part in the activities. Some shedders may have mobility, eye sight, and hearing or dementia challenges.
· Promote friendly conversation and engagement within the group.
· Suggest and talk about other activities the group may wish to try.
· Make and serve refreshments – tea/coffee and biscuits.
· Experience with working with older people and understanding their particular needs
· Ability to help with practical tasks
· Confidence in meeting new people, talking and socialising with them
· An Interest in DIY or possess practical skills
· Ability to encourage participation and instil confidence
· Good communication skills
· Ability to make a great cup of builders tea
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Weekly on Thursdays 10am - 12 noon
2 Wych Elm
More Opportunities from Essex Shed Network
Dengie Project Trust
Castle Point Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS)
Uttlesford Citizens Advice