As Secretary of this fairly large and demographically varied group you would be responsible for managing the Group's written documentation and correspondence in a manner that is transparent and inclusive to all.
This would include (but is not limited to):
- Co-ordination of the Management Committee
- Meeting agendas and minutes documentation (approximately 6 per year)
- Monitoring of Committee's agreed actions
- First point of contact for Stroke Association
- Correspondence with supporters e.g. thank you letters for donations, event invitiations etc.
- GDPR compliance
- Dissemination of information amongst volunteer group.
- Strategic input at Committee meetings.
The Committee itself is very dynamic and, as such, you would have the opportunity to develop and tailor this role to suit your requirements and develop new skills whilst working with this team of extremely dedicated people who are endeavouring to help Stroke Survivors and their carers build a Life after Stroke.
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to record accurate and succinct minutes/records
- Numeracy and IT experience
- Awareness of GDPR legislation and data management procedures
- Awareness of compliance with Company and Charity Law
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 17/10/2018
End Date: 17/10/2019
The Group meets fortnightly from 10.30 - 12.30. In addition to this, there are approximately 6 committee meetings per year which you would be expected to attend and key duties take between 2-3 hour per month.
This opportunity is available in: Maldon
More Opportunities from Stroke Association - Maldon and Dengie Stroke Support and Carers Group
Brentwood Community Transport
Yellow Door (Canvey Island Youth Project)
St Clare Hospice
Voluntary Action Epping Forest