Joining your local fundraising group is a really great way to raise funds for Marie Curie while also meeting new people and having lots of fun. We’re looking to set up a new group in the Maldon area and this is your opportunity to get involved from the outset and really make a difference in your local community.
• Count, bank and record all money raised, collected and donated to the group.
• Inform Marie Curie Cancer Care of all transactions using the forms provided.
• Work with the group to create and adhere to realistic budgets for fundraising activities.
• Maintain records of income and expenditure relating to Fundraising Group events.
• Respond to queries relating to the income and expenditure of the group.
• Provide regular financial updates at the group's meetings.
• Good numeracy, administrative and organisational skills.
• Ability to manage simple budgets and record simple financial information.
• The ability to work on your own initiative.
• Basic IT skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
• A genuine interest in and desire to support the work of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
• Honesty and reliability.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
16 years olds can join as members
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 06/12/2017
End Date: 06/12/2020
This opportunity is available in: Uttlesford
More Opportunities from Marie Curie
Ideas Hub Chelmsford
Uttlesford Community Travel
The Garden Room
Brentwood Council for Voluntary Service (CVS)