We are looking for volunteers to join World Food Aid (WFA) to assist with the running and growth of our Charity Shops. The role will support the Deputy Shop Manager to ensure the smooth running of the shop.
What type of things will you be doing?
- Based at one of our Charity Shops
- Assisting with the donations of stock, by sorting and steaming and preparing for shop floor
- Maintaining good stock levels and rotation at all times
- Helping with visual merchandising when needed
- Greeting customers in a friendly and approachable manner
- Understanding the Charity’s key standards and values
- Becoming familiar with our Health and Safety policies
- If applicable, assisting the Deputy Shop Manager with daily tasks such as banking and stock takes, recycling and rotas
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work place which encourages a happy environment to work in
- Commitment to being part of a regular rota
- Giving any other assistance in relation to the smooth running of the shop as may requested by the Deputy Shop Manager.
What benefits you can expect:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and gain experience in a charity
- A full character reference when required
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a dedicated team
- Volunteers will be reimbursed for any out of pocket travel expenses
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of WFA.
- Passionate about our Charity and keen to promote shop initiatives
- Warm, friendly and have an enthusiastic and welcoming manner
- Enjoy meeting and talking to customers to create a community feel
- Enjoy the challenges of selling second-hand treasures
- Be well organised and want to make the most from a volunteer role
As this role is specific to some physical duties, a good health is required.
Training & Support Offered:
- You will receive full training on all aspects of this role, including till training, Health and Safety, emergency procedure training and basic customer care skills. With ongoing training as required
- You will receive regular updates relating to the Charity, including Retail Gift Aid
- You will be supported by the Deputy Shop Manager and Volunteer Team
- WFA Volunteer ID badge and uniform
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Mileage and parking fees
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 02/12/2019
End Date: 02/12/2021
Our shop will open between 9.30am and 4.00pm. We can be flexible with timings but ideally we would like you be able to cover 1 or 2 shifts a week.
15 High Street
Cruse Bereavement Care Epping Forest
NELFT Brighter Futures Healthy Families Service (0-19) teams Thurrock
Helping Hands - Volunteer Bureau for Tendring
We are Thrive CIC