Purpose of role:
Our Ambassadors are key to raising the profile of Healthwatch Essex and providing an interface with the general public. An opportunity to make a real difference. As a Representative Ambassador, you will be the face of the organisation and will be happy to attend meetings on our behalf and report back to the team with any relevant feedback.
Your role may include:
• Attending meetings or events as an independent representative of HWE.
• Reading relevant documents and information in advance of meetings so that you are fully prepared.
• Feeding back to HWE after the meeting giving a summary of matters relating to our work.
• Promoting the work of HWE at all opportunities, including through your own networks/channels.
What we can offer you:
• A chance to volunteer for a local award-winning charity that makes a difference!
• Our award-winning ambassador training on lived-experience, along with other training relevant to your work, when the occasion arises.
• An annual get-together with other Ambassadors and HWE stakeholders to showcase your contribution to our charity.
• Reasonable travel expenses for any work you conduct with us.
• A dedicated member of HWE staff to support you.
What we require from you:
• Excellent networking and communication skills.
• Ability to present information in a concise and structured way.
• Reliability and professionalism.
• A general or specific interest in, and understanding of, health and social care.
• A passion for wanting to improve services, patient experience and to make a difference.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
This will be discussed. All expenses must be kept reasonable and will be agreed before hand
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/02/2018
End Date: 22/02/2019
We are a flexible organisation and will work around you.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Healthwatch Essex
Maldon & District Community Voluntary Service
Churches Together in Maldon
Healthwatch - Thurrock