Nacro are delivering custody resettlement, group sessions and mentoring services in the Essex CRC area. We are looking for a pool of volunteers to support our service users in the community. We recognise that engagement from service users can often be more successful when the professional involved is delivering support in a voluntary capacity.
No experience necessary but please ensure you fulfil the criteria below;
• We would like to see applications from people who genuinely want to support individuals to make positive changes in their life, you don't necessarily need to have relevant experience
• Applicants should be non-judgemental, passionate and resourceful
• We would like a commitment of a minimum of 2 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
Key responsibilities may include;
• Supporting with the co-facilitation of community groups
• Delivering information, advice and guidance and motivating and encouraging service users to adopt a positive attitude and confidence to achieve resettlement goals
• Providing holistic mentoring support to service users on the day of release from custody to ensure smooth transition into the community.
What you will receive from us;
• Initial training programme and ongoing bi-monthly training refreshers
• Flexible training programme to include volunteer requests/suggestions
• Disclosure training
• Supervision and peer-support groups • Safeguarding training • Access to additional training and development opportunities within the Essex CRC and with our other partners Please note volunteers can specify whether they would prefer to deliver groups, 1:1 mentoring or both. This role is subject to a DBS and (where applicable) enhanced prison clearance.
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 12/01/2018
End Date: 12/01/2025
This opportunity is available Countywide.
Signpost (Colchester) Limited
Contact the Elderly