We are currently looking for volunteers to help us man our reception area. This is a key role in our organisation and will help us to ensure staff, service users and visitors are met by a dynamic person. The volunteer would be required to meet and greet our service users and visitors, to undertake admin duties and to sign people and items in and out.
This is a flexible role and we would be happy to hear from anyone who can provide time to support our organisation.
• To receive, direct and relay telephone messages
• Respond to general inquiries
• Welcome and sign in Co-Farmers and visitors
• Provide word processing and general office support when required
• Keep records of supplies going in and out eg. Walkie Talkies and equipment
• To respect confidentiality at all times
• To understand and apply centre policies in relation to health, safety and welfare.
• Assist with office duties as directed by members of the team. Eg. Laminating resources etc.
Candidate should ideally have experience of working in an office, supporting a small team in administrative tasks. Have experience (but not essential) or an interest in animal care/agriculture, horticulture and/or rural crafts. Good interpersonal skills. Works well in a team and understands confidentiality procedures. Ability to work from own initiative.
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 22/06/2017
End Date: 22/11/2018
Between 10am and 3pm. Location: CO5 7LG, Abberton/Langenhoe
This opportunity is available in: Colchester
More Opportunities from Wellies-On Community Interest Company
Parkrun - Brentwood
Braintree District Mencap Society & Gateway Club
Rayleigh Age Concern
Signpost Resource Centres
Rayleigh, Rochford and District Association for Voluntary Service (RRAVS)