Seeking a calm, friendly individual with a professional manner to support the team of receptionists. Full support and training will be provided.
- Open premises and prepare rooms in good time for arrival of first client (ideally 15 or 20 minutes before)
- Welcome clients on arrival, offer tea and coffee to clients if appropriate and also counsellors on arrival
- Make appointments for client's next session, in liason with counsellor
- Receive phone calls and phone clients/counsellors as necessary e.g. as a result of cancellations
- If a prospective client calls during the counselling evening the receptionist will take relevant details i.e. name, phone number on which we can safely return their call and inform them that the coordinator will contact them within a few days to arrange an assessment appointment. These details are then passed to the coordinator/note left in the diary, for appropriate action.
- Clear rooms after last counselling session and secure premise if necessary.
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- A clear telephone manner with the ability to put clients at ease
- An excellent understanding for the need of confidentiality
- An awareness of safeguarding procedures
- An understanding of the benefits of counselling
- Empathy with the ability to stay calm in difficult or emergency situations
- Awareness of Equality and Diversity
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
Depends on mileage - to be discussed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 04/04/2018
End Date: 04/04/2019
Monthly - Either 3.45pm - 6.30pm or 6.30pm - 9.15pm. The receptionists work from a rota which indicates their dates of volunteering each month.
CAB Offices, Civic Suite
2 Hockley Road
Royal Air Forces Association - Chelmsford
Spangles Family Hub
Cariads Volunteer to support a service that provides information, advice and support to all carers in Thurrock.
Freshwaters Contact Centre
IPSEA (Independent Parental Special Education Advice)