A volunteer opportunity has arisen based in Braintree Community Hospital. This role will support a busy reception area within an NHS setting.
Volunteer roles are designed to support a service and do not replace a paid role.
ROLE DUTIES :
• To meet and greet service users and visitors to the ward and provide appropriate information and highlight facilities in the hospital
• To operate under the supervision of the admin support on the site and provide assistance to them during busy periods.
• To answer the telephone and take messages when clinical staff are busy with patients.
• To deliver patient notes etc to other departments as requested by clinical staff.
• To assist the staff with deliveries of stationery or patient related items.
• To assist with stock taking.
• Be aware of any issues/complaints raised during the discussion with patients and bring these to the attention of the nursing staff/appropriate person - with the consent of the patient where appropriate.
• Alert the nursing staff to any patients you are concerned about.
2 - 4 pm Tuesday to Friday
* Please note volunteers would only be expected to cover one of the shifts.
All volunteers must attend volunteer Corporate Training and will have the opportunity to access Provide training programmes to upskill where appropriate.
- Excellent communicator
- Friendly disposition
- Suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Expenses reimbursed
- Equal opportunities policy
- Written role description
- Volunteer induction
- Ongoing support
- Health and Safety Policy
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/08/2017
End Date: 07/08/2018
2 - 4 pm Tuesday to Friday. Volunteers would only be expected to cover one of the shifts.
This opportunity is available in: Braintree
More Opportunities from Provide
Chelmsford Volunteering Centre
Lee Valley Regional Park Authority
Talk Listen Care
Alzheimers Society - Essex