Purpose of the Role
· To create safe, comfortable and welcoming environments for new and existing service users to meet together for social contact and activities.
· Support other volunteers and service users to achieve better wellbeing.
· Help provide existing social activities and support others to develop new ideas for groups/activities.
· Complement the professional services offered by Futures in Mind and external providers.
· Identify others who would be interested in becoming a volunteer.
· Support individuals access activities
· Where appropriate to open and close venues, leaving the spaces used clean and tidy.
· Keep to times specified.
· Be prepared to facilitate an activity or group of service users without supervision.
· Where appropriate, ensure stocks of refreshments or other materials needed by the group are replenished.
· Welcoming and information gathering of new service users.
· Respect confidentiality, personal space and equal opportunities for everyone. Maintain impartiality.
· Awareness of the importance of your own wellbeing and a commitment to sharing your limitations with other volunteers and Service Coordinators.
· Attend volunteer support meetings and any training as required.
· Collate and record information for monitoring purposes
· Listen to service users effectively, offering informal support and if necessary signposting within Futures in Mind or to an external organization.
· Ensure the Community Code of Conduct is known and adhered to.
· Be an ambassador for Futures in Mind in your community.
· Be confident in group settings. · Stable in your own mental health, and in recovery from any substance misuse. · Be willing to undertake training, and continue your own professional development · Awareness of confidentially, disclosure and professional boundaries · Good people skills. · A friendly and approachable manner. · Non-judgemental and inclusive attitude to all people involved with Futures in Mind. · Basic administration skills. · Willing to have enhanced DBS check for working with vulnerable adults. Role Benefits · Increased personal confidence and self-esteem. · Volunteering is a useful addition to your CV or application for further education opportunities. · Helping to have a sense of purpose and regular routine. · Personal satisfaction from helping others in their journey of recovery. · Giving something back to the community that has supported you. · Develop new skills, and enhance existing attributes.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/09/2020
End Date: 01/09/2021
we can work with your flexibility
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from Futures in Mind
The Corner Lodge
ForwardMotion Cycle Hub
British Heart Foundation - Brentwood Shop
St Lukes Hospice - Basildon