About St Clare Hospice:
St Clare Hospice is a charity providing specialist palliative care to improve the lives of people living with a terminal or life-limiting illness in West Essex and East Hertfordshire.
It costs over £4 million each year to provide our vital services (including clinical and support services) and with limited NHS funding, we need to fundraise for most of this. The St Clare Trading Company runs 8 charity shops and all of the profits are passed directly to St Clare Hospice. Our shops also raise awareness of St Clare Hospice and help to break down some of the myths that surround hospice care.
We are opening a new shop in the centre of Harlow at the end of this summer, and need lots of volunteers to join the team!
What you will be doing:
• Accepting donations and processing Gift Aid,
• Sorting donated Items,
• Serving customers at the till,
• Keeping the shop clean and tidy,
• Answering customer queries,
• Providing a friendly and professional service to customers.
Some of our volunteers assist with one or two things on the above list, others do a bit of everything depending on what is required. If you can only do some of the above, we would still like to hear from you!
By donating just a small amount of your time, you could help St Clare to continue being there for local families facing one of the most difficult journeys in life.
Location: Harlow, CM20 1HT.
The personal qualities you will need:
• Polite and helpful at all times when interacting with customers.
• Good at working as part of a team: gets on well with others, happy to help and support other team members.
• Also able to work independently when the role requires.
• Adaptable to change – willing to help with whatever needs doing in the best interests of the shop.
• Willing to learn and follow guidance / processes.
• Will take the initiative and find things that need doing during quieter periods.
• Hard working.
prior retail experience is required.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
When can I volunteer?
Ideally we are looking for people who can commit to at least one morning or afternoon per week.
More Opportunities from St Clare Hospice
Havering and Brentwood Bereavement Service
Colchester Borough Homes
Haven House Childrens Hospice
Epping Forest District Council