We are supporting various local sites across Colchester with the COVID-19 vaccination programme and are looking for volunteers to support this.
Following the rollout of the Government's National Vaccination Programme, offering vaccines to all adults by mid-July, we have been asked to support the vaccine bus team in the Colchester area with the aim to vaccinate as many people as possible. The bus will travel to different locations in Colchester such as superstores, colleges and at large events.
You will be tasked with different roles in supporting the team such as, queue marshalling, post vaccination area support and approaching the public within the area of the bus encouraging them to have their vaccine.
The Bus has a normal operating time of 10am-4pm but this can vary depending on the location.
We ask that all volunteers;
- ensure speed, safety and security; address any issues that arise or escalate to a Healthcare Professional if needed.
- that you effectively communicate with the other areas’ representatives to avoid congestion.
- ensure that patients follow COVID guidelines such as social distancing and mask protection at all times.
- support patients who require additional support (carer/chaperone, additional language support). Provide enhanced support to those requiring it (e.g. those who cannot queue standing).
- assist in the prevention of overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the different locations are complied with.
Friendly and Approachable.
- Data Protection policy
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/07/2021
End Date: 05/07/2022
This opportunity is available in: Colchester
More Opportunities from Community360
Essex Wildlife Trust - Langdon Nature Reserve
Baby Stuff Braintree