Can you spare 3 hours?
Chelmsford Men’s Shed project reaches out to local men who for whatever reason feel socially isolated or just want to meet other like-minded men in a friendly and non-judgemental setting. The Men’s Shed provides a space to learn or practice a practical skill, such as woodworking and is a space for men to talk about men’s things and drink plenty of tea!
A warm welcome awaits men wanting to join the Shed but we currently have a waiting list. We need more volunteers so that the Shed can open more weekly sessions. Each session lasts for a maximum of three hours and is led by a volunteer supervisor.
Supervisors support the session, help to promote friendly conversation and encourage users to use the Shed effectively and in safe use of equipment. Full training will be given and support will be offered during your time as a supervisor.
If you have a genuine interest in other people, in woodworking and a desire to help this could be a perfect volunteering opportunity for you.
Training and support:
• Two ½ day shadowing sessions in the Chelmsford Men’s Shed
• Shed Induction
• Health and Safety Induction
- Have a genuine interest in other people and a desire to help
- Have practical skills and experience, eg carpentry, DIY that can be utilised in the Chelmsford Men’s Shed
- Understand the work of the Men’s Shed
- Be confident in leading sessions alone
- Have good communication skills
- Be organised, reliable and honest
- Respect confidentiality at all times
- To be willing to complete an Enhanced DBS check - free of charge to you
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Tea, coffee and refreshments provided. Travel reimbursed. Everything else by prior-agreement with us.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 05/06/2019
End Date: 05/06/2023
A commitment 3 hours (1 session) once a week or ad hoc sessions We are currently recruiting for Tuesday, Wednesday - mornings & afternoons.
Sandford Mill Road