A volunteer opportunity has arisen based in St Peter’s Community Hospital.
This role will support a busy reception area and will provide volunteering experience in an NHS setting.
Volunteer roles are designed to support a service and do not replace a paid role.
- To meet and greet service users and visitors to the unit
- Provide appropriate information and guidance on checking in to the clinic
- To act as an information point for general public in the reception area and maintain information leaflet rack within the department
- To answer the telephone and take messages or transfer calls to appropriate therapist/ team.
- Provide administrative support to the therapy department as required.
- Be aware of any issues/complaints raised during the discussion with patients and bring these to the attention of the appropriate staff member– with the consent of the patient where appropriate
- Alert the Therapy staff to any patients you are concerned about
- Ensure effective communication is undertaken in an effective, responsive, sensitive and timely manner
- Excelllent communicator
- Friendly disposition
- Previous administrative/reception experience.
During placement volunteers will be under the supervision of their allocated Placement Supervisor.
Volunteers must remain within the scope of their role description and duties for health and safety purposes.
All volunteers must attend volunteer Corporate Training and will have the opportunity to access Provide training programmes to upskill where appropriate.
- Data Protection policy
- DBS check required
- Equal opportunities policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for under 18s
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 18/07/2019
End Date: 17/07/2020
Various hours available all day Monday/Tuesday and on Wednesday mornings.
This opportunity is available in: Maldon
More Opportunities from Provide
National Autistic Society